Sunday, November 21, 2010

On Vacation, 80/20















I'm making my customary holiday season trek down I-95 by minivan this week to visit family. For the last two days, I've been carefully picking my way through the Bric-a-Brac Forest in my mother-in-law's house in South Carolina. Now, it's on to Florida and my side of the family. A little boating, a little strolling on the beach, a side trip to Orlando for the grand daughter, then right after Thanksgiving it's back up I-95 to home.

What with BlackBerry and OpenNetEverywhere, I will only be about 80% on vacation this week. Some object to that much connectivity, but I find it a good trade-off for knowing that I will arrive at work next Monday without any office emergencies boiling over. And it's a handy excuse any time I want to spend a couple hours at a Starbucks alone with my laptop.