Thursday, April 15, 2010

Have You Hugged an IRS Agent Today?

The WaPo's Op-Ed Columnist E.J. Dionne, Jr. thinks you should.


Who are the men and women of the IRS? They are the people who collect the revenue that allows the government to finance our troops who are in harm's way, help our wounded warriors, pay Grandma's Medicare bills, cover the costs of keeping our food and drugs safe, and do so many of the other things the vast majority of us want our government to accomplish.

Yes, if you support our troops, you have to support the work of the Internal Revenue Service.


So ... the IRS doesn't just enforce the tax laws, it also deserves the love and respect of every American.

Good luck with that, E.J.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/9eiR0S

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!


_________________________________

Hope you don't hate me! I had too much fun with some of your posts this week! :)


As long as you don't hate me, I will feel safe thanking you for all the great material. :)

Connie said...

That's just a wee bit suck up-ish, isn't it? Perhaps EJ owes and is hoping for a break? We are generally lucky with IRS workers.. our efile return got kicked back a couple of times this year, but each issue was easily solved. It's not their fault we have to pay taxes. They're just doing their jobs, and most are good folk. I'm not going to stand and salute though.

TSB said...

Connie,

IRS workers have got to have a hard row to hoe. We can't blame them for taxes, but we aren't going to cheer for them either. Like a police officer friend of mine says, if you want to be appreciated for doing your job, join the fire department.